Chulu West Peak
Start/Finish : Kathmandu-Kathmandu
Trip Duration : 17 days
Max_Elevation : 6,400m (Summit Elevation)
Difficulty : Difficult Strenuous
Best Time : March-April / September-October.
Permits : Peak Permit (Gov. Royalty), ACAP
Accommodation : Lodge & Camping
The Nekos Treks & Expeditions (P) Ltd. have been offering the highest of these peaks, marked Chulu West on the trekking maps, has a recorded altitude from at least two expeditions of nearer 6400m; this might more accurately be called Chulu Central. As a result many climbing parties have mistakenly climbed one of these peaks thinking it to be Chulu East or West. It usually understood that with the permit to climb the East or West peak an attempt can be made to the nearby peak as well.
Chulu West peak is part of the Manang Himal, which is quite rightly included in the larger Damodar Himal, the eastern limit of which runs south from Chako and Peak 6,687m. in a north-to-south direction along the Hunlung Khola, Nar Khola and Phu Khola. To the south it is bounded by the Marsyangdi Khola and the Mesokanta La. There exists considerable confusion with regard to the name and location of the Chulu peaks and what summit actually constitutes Chulu West and Chulu East, since it is soon becomes apparent to anyone that has climbed in the range that several other summits close by, which are actually part of the Chulu massif, are not indicated on present maps of the area. For the sake of clarification, four summits can be included in the Chulu group, two of which are possible on the permit for Chulu West and two on the Chulu East permit. What is apparent is that the available trekking map is highly misleading.
The obvious approach to this peak diverges from the main trail to the Thorung La pass past the village of Manang and Base Camp is established in a small valley to the North. From base camp the route follows a subsidiary North-West ridge that leads up to the main peak. An attempt to the peak and return has be done in a single day as setting camp up on the slope above base camp is not easy. An attempt of Chulu Central peak (6,429m/21,060ft) just east of Chulu West. Our plan is to attempt to climb a new route on this giant peak. Our team is small, four climbers. Karma Sherpa, Pasang Sherpa, Mingma Sherpa & Kanchha Kulung are among the leading American, Korean, British Japanese, Russian, German, French many more in Nepal, Tibet, Bhtan Pakistan over the 8000 meter climbers, with over 16 years of experience in the Himalaya, and over 20 years of exploring the world’s mountains. We have Tecnically & Practically mountaineering Guide and Staff.
Day,01 : Arrival in Nepal Airport and you will be visit with our airport representator then,
transfer to hotel. (We serve you dinner with our team and introduce with your
Day,02 : Prepare Peak climbing, Briefing for program with dinner in Kathmandu.
Day,03 : Trek from Syange to Tal (1,700m)
Day,04 : Trek from Tal to Timang (2,270m)
Day,05 : Trek from Timang to Lower Pisang (3,150m)
Day,06 : Trek from Pisang to Manang (3,540m)
Day,07 : Visit to Manang village.
Day,08 : Trek from Manang to Ledar (4,200m)
Day,09 : Trek from Ledar to Chulu West Basecamp (4,900m)
Day,10 : Hike from Basecamp to Chulu West High Camp (5,600m)
Day,11 : Climb from High Camp to Summit (6,419m) and descend to the Basecamp
Day,12 : Trek from Chulu West Basecamp to Manang (3,540m)
Day,13 : Trek from Manang to Chame (2,670m)
Day,14 : Trek from Chame to Syange (1,100m)
Day,15 : Drive from Syange to Besi Shahar
Day,16 : Drive from Besi Shahar to Kathmandu & transfer to the Hotel
Day,17 : Your final departure
If you would like to ask to for trip cost and depending on the Group Size duration of days and Services required please contact us via
our email:- email@example.com
Hot Lines: +977-9849592791.
01. Airport Pick up & drops by Private Transport
02. 3 Night's Accommodation Hotel in Kathmandu on Bed / Breakfast plan
03. Tourist Bus Kathmandu-Besishar, Besishar-Kathmandu
04. Chulu West Peak Climbing Permit
05. Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley
06. ACAP Permit Cost
07. All accommodation in Tea houses and tented camps as per the itinerary
08. Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trip
09. Experienced and qualified Climbing Guide, trekking guide, cook, Sherpas (assistance guide) staff and porters services
10. Transportation, meals, accommodation, allowance, equipment and insurance for all the staff including climbing guide
11. Trekking camping equipment (tent, mattress, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, all kitchen gear/utensils if necessary
12. Fixed rope for climbing
13. All the official paper work and all applicable government taxes
14. Duffle Bags refundable to protect your Luggage
15. Company T-shirt as a Souvenir
16. Climbing Certificate
19. Farewell dinner with typical Nepali culture
1. Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
2. Client’s insurance
3. Personal nature and all bar bills
4. Expenses other than mentioned in inclusion section above
5. Trekking equipment any type of personal expenses such as Alcoholic Beverage drinks, phone and Laundry.
6. Your Emergency Rescue and Travel Insurance.
7. Trip Cancellation cost accident or Health, Loss Thief or Damage